NAIROBI, Kenya- One person has now been confirmed dead after clashes between police and crowds during a political rally in Kitengela, Kajiado County, on Sunday, February 15, 2026, Nairobi Senator Edwin Sifuna confirmed.
The deceased has been identified as 28‑year‑old Vincent Ayomo, a resident of Kitengela town.
Ayomo was shot and killed when police moved in to disperse thousands of people attending a Linda Mwananchi rally organised by Sifuna.
Police used tear gas and live bullets, leading to chaotic scenes.
According to Ayomo’s family, the bullet struck him in the eye as he was returning home from work shortly after midday on Sunday.
It has now been confirmed that one person lost their life in Kitengela yesterday. The Police shot and killed 28 year old Vincent Ayomo. This is another senseless and needless killing by Ruto’s regime. We send our condolences to Vincent’s family and demand for justice and
His wife, Anaitwa Khadija, said she was informed by a friend that he had been shot while crossing the road from work.
The family later found his body at the City Mortuary, and said the bullet exited out the back of his head.
In a joint statement, leaders present during the events led by Sifuna have condemned the killing and called for justice and accountability.
They described the incident as a “senseless and needless killing.”
“He committed no crime. He provoked nobody. So why did the police kill him?” Sifuna posed.
He sent condolences to Ayomo’s family and said the loss of life underscores why his group is opposing what they call excessive use of force by security agencies.
The United Opposition has also claimed that at least 50 others were injured during the clashes as police fired tear gas to disperse the rally and its participants.
There has been no official police statement on the fatal shooting.
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority has also not issued any statement.
“We will pursue justice for his family and ensure that those responsible for his death are held accountable,” he said.



