Dr Richard Lesiyampe Named Acting CEO of Kenyatta National Hospital

Date:

NAIROBI, Kenya – Health Cabinet Secretary Aden Duale has appointed Dr Richard Lesiyampe Leserian as the Acting Chief Executive Officer of Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), the country’s oldest and largest referral facility.

Announcing the appointment on Monday evening, Duale said Dr Lesiyampe’s track record in health management positions him to lead KNH through a period of reforms and align it with the government’s Universal Health Coverage (UHC) agenda.

“Dr Richard Lesiyampe brings vast experience to strengthen KNH’s governance, clinical, and administrative systems,” Duale said. “As the apex national referral facility, Kenyatta National Hospital plays a critical role in advancing health sector reforms and achieving Universal Health Coverage.”

Until his new appointment, Dr Lesiyampe had been serving as the acting head of Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) in Kisumu, where he was credited with streamlining operations and raising the hospital’s profile.

Following the leadership shift, Duale also named Joshua Clinton Ombiri Okise as the Acting CEO of JOOTRH, which was recently upgraded to a Level 6 facility.

Founded in 1901, Kenyatta National Hospital has grown into the leading medical centre in East and Central Africa.

With a capacity of 1,800 beds—including a 209-bed private wing—the hospital runs 50 wards, 22 outpatient clinics, and 24 operating theatres.

It employs more than 6,000 staff and provides specialised services such as neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, orthopaedics, and burns treatment.

Beyond patient care, KNH is also a key hub for medical training and research, playing a central role in preparing the country’s future healthcare workforce.

Anthony Kinyua
Anthony Kinyua
Anthony Kinyua brings a unique blend of analytical and creative skills to his role as a storyteller. He is known for his attention to detail, mastery of storytelling techniques, and dedication to high-quality content.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Trending

More like this
Related

Sifuna Dismisses Uhuru-Ruto Opposition Sponsorship Claims

NAIROBI, Kenya — Nairobi Senator and Linda Mwananchi leader...

Ruto’s UDA gets largest share of Political Parties Fund with Sh549.97 million allocation

NAIROBI, Kenya — President William Ruto’s United Democratic Alliance...

TikTok Agrees to Pay $400 Million to Settle US Child Privacy Lawsuit

WASHINGTON, US — TikTok and its parent company ByteDance...

Moses Kuria to Kindiki: Ruto Will Decide His Running Mate

NAIROBI, Kenya- Former Cabinet Secretary Moses Kuria has challenged...