56 Arrested Over Nakuru Disruptions as Police Launch Investigations

Date:

NAKURU, Kenya- The National Police Service (NPS) has arrested 56 people in connection with violent disruptions that occurred during a public event in Kuresoi North Sub-County, Nakuru County.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the NPS said investigations had been launched into the incident, which took place on June 19 during an event attended by Nakuru Governor Susan Kihika, senior government officials, county leaders and members of the public.

According to police, the suspects remain in custody as investigators work to establish the circumstances surrounding the disturbances.

“So far, police have arrested 56 suspects in connection with the incident. All remain in custody as investigations continue,” the statement said.

Police also confirmed that several exhibits believed to have been used during the disruption were recovered from the suspects. However, authorities did not immediately disclose the nature of the items seized or the specific offences under investigation.

The incident unfolded during a public gathering in Kuresoi North, an area that has recently witnessed heightened political activity and public engagements involving national and county leaders.

While details surrounding the cause of the disruptions remain unclear, the NPS said investigators are reviewing all available evidence and witness accounts as part of efforts to establish responsibility.

“The National Police Service reaffirms its commitment to conducting thorough investigations, meticulously examining all evidence, and holding those responsible accountable in accordance with the law,” the statement added.

The arrests come amid increased scrutiny of security at public events across the country, particularly as political activity intensifies ahead of key electoral contests and national debates on governance and economic issues.

Police have urged members of the public to remain peaceful and cooperate with investigators as inquiries into the incident continue.

Joseph Muraya
Joseph Muraya
With over a decade in journalism, Joseph Muraya, founder and CEO of Y News, is a respected Communications Consultant and Journalist, formerly with Capital News Kenya. He aims to revolutionize storytelling in Kenya and Africa.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Trending

More like this
Related

Who Is Kassim Abdi Sebo? Suspected Hammer Boys Leader at Centre of Homa Bay Chaos Probe

HOMA BAY, Kenya- Kassim Abdi Sebo, popularly known as...

DCI Calls for Stronger Regional Police Cooperation Against Transnational Crime

NAIROBI, Kenya — Kenya has reaffirmed its commitment to...

Nairobi: DIG Lagat Commissions New Strategic Communication Office at Vigilance House

NAIROBI, Kenya — Deputy Inspector General of Police Eliud...

Police Close In on Kassim Abdi Sebu Over Homa Bay Chaos

HOMA BAY, Kenya- The National Police Service (NPS) has...