JKIA on Alert as Emergency Teams Take Action

Date:

NAIROBI, Kenya- The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) has confirmed that it is responding to an emergency situation at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), with emergency response teams and relevant agencies activated to manage the incident.

In a brief statement issued on Thursday, KAA said the situation was being handled in accordance with established emergency procedures at the country’s main international gateway.

“Kenya Airports Authority is currently responding to an emergency situation at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA),” the authority said.

KAA did not immediately disclose the nature of the emergency but assured the public that all necessary response mechanisms had been activated.

According to the authority, emergency response teams and other relevant agencies are on the ground coordinating efforts to address the situation and ensure normal operations are restored as quickly as possible.

“The safety and security of passengers, airport users, staff, and all stakeholders remain our highest priority,” KAA said.

The authority added that it would provide further updates as more information becomes available.

JKIA is East Africa’s busiest airport, handling thousands of passengers and cargo movements daily. Any emergency incident at the facility typically triggers a coordinated response involving airport management, aviation authorities, security agencies, firefighters and medical personnel.

Passengers and airport users have been advised to monitor official communication channels for updates regarding the situation.

Joseph Muraya
Joseph Muraya
With over a decade in journalism, Joseph Muraya, founder and CEO of Y News, is a respected Communications Consultant and Journalist, formerly with Capital News Kenya. He aims to revolutionize storytelling in Kenya and Africa.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Trending

More like this
Related

Kenya Rules Out Ebola in 196 Suspected Cases as DRC Outbreak Becomes Deadliest in History

NAIROBI, Kenya — Kenya has ruled out Ebola in...

Mudavadi Urges Western Kenya to Think Beyond 2027 and Strategise for 2032

KAKAMEGA, Kenya — Prime Cabinet Secretary Musalia Mudavadi has...

Wetang’ula Urges Bungoma Residents to Register as Voters, Backs Ruto Re-election

BUNGOMA, Kenya — National Assembly Speaker Moses Wetang’ula has...

CS Kagwe Assures Kenyans of Food Security Despite Drought Impact on Maize

ELDORET, Kenya — Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has...